Lexington, South Carolina is located in Lexington County. It is a suburb of Columbia and has a population of 21,334. This area provides residents with a dense suburban feel and most of them own their homes. Many young professionals live here, and more are moving here- but why? In this article, we’ll explore a few reasons why you should consider living in Lexington, South Carolina.
Reasons to Live in Lexington, SC
There are so many wonderful reasons to live in Lexington, South Carolina. We’ll list them below:
- Lexington District One schools are some of the highest-rated in the state. This helps to keep the property values high.
- The cost of living in Lexington is reasonable.
- There are plenty of good jobs available in Lexington.
- There are plenty of stores, restaurants, and other conveniences in the area.
- Lexington is family-friendly.
- Lexington is the ideal place for young professionals to live.
- Lexington has a very low crime rate: 63% of people feel safe and 75% of people agree that the police are visible and responsive.
- Lexington is close to the Saluda River and Lake Murray.
- There is a plethora of parks and recreation opportunities in Lexington.
- Lexington is close to downtown Columbia, which offers a variety of jobs, places to shop/dine/etc, and plenty of activities, including nightlife.
- Lexington offers lots of new housing developments where residents build their dream homes.
- Lexington boasts a booming economy.
- The median household income is higher in Lexington than in other areas in the state and the Midlands.
- In March 2019, the cost of living index was less than average, sitting at 87.1 when the United States average was 100.
- The Riverbanks Zoo is only 15 to 25 minutes from Lexington and ranks at number 7 on the list of the top-rated zoos in the United States.
- The University of South Carolina is located in downtown Columbia and has the largest student body size out of all of the colleges and universities in the state.
- Lexington is an ideal spot for retirees from colder climates due to the mild winters and the sunny summer days.
- The property taxes are a bit higher, due to the wonderful Lexington District One schools than other districts in the Midlands- but still a lot lower than many of the northern states.
Trust the Lafayette Team
As you can see, there are lots of great reasons to live in Lexington, SC. If you want to make this area your home, contact The Lafayette Team with EXP Realty. We can help you find your dream home. We specialize in working with young professionals who want to “level up”, new homebuyers, retirees who want to settle here on Lake Murray, and so much more!